Swell is seeking a highly motivated and experienced leader to work at the forefront of renewable energy marketing. Swell provides innovative options for financing distributed energy resources aggregated as a Virtual Power Plant (VPP). This new asset class benefits energy customers, utilities, and investors.
The ideal candidate will have first hand experience in and a deep understanding of paid marketing channels and a proven track record of driving successful campaigns across multiple states. As the Sr. Director of Marketing Operations, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing our marketing strategy, focusing on customer acquisition, brand awareness, and revenue growth.
We encourage you to join a team of energy and technology leaders at a time when we are growing rapidly to meet the needs of the utility grid of the future.
- Drive customer acquisition by developing and optimizing paid marketing campaigns across various channels, such as search engines, social media, display advertising and affiliate marketing.
- Own, design, and analyze paid efforts (Google Ads, Facebook ads, etc), landing pages, SEO, CRO, and marketing automation.
- Efficiently manage relationships with external partners and agencies to harness their expertise, expanding our marketing reach while ensuring their effective and efficient delivery.
- Monitor and analyze marketing performance metrics, providing regular reports and insights to the executive team.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and the competitive landscape to identify new opportunities, dictate geographic expansion, and recommend strategic adjustments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product, sales, and operations, to ensure a cohesive and integrated approach to marketing and communication initiatives, partnering to develop and lead the execution of the overall GTM strategy for Swell Energy, aligning with company goals and objectives.
- Develop and manage the marketing budget, ensuring effective allocation of resources to maximize ROI.
- Conduct market research and customer segmentation to identify target audiences and develop tailored marketing campaigns.
- Oversee brand positioning and messaging, ensuring consistency across all marketing channels and touch points.
- Lead and manage a high-performing marketing team, cultivating a culture of collaboration and fostering professional development. This role encompasses the recruitment, training, and management of dedicated teams and partners.
- Oversee the content strategy, Swell’s Learning Center and lead the publication of our quarterly marketplace insights.
- 6+ years of Experience in B2C Marketing roles with a focus on paid marketing channels.
- Experience developing and executing successful marketing campaigns, delivering measurable results.
- Extensive knowledge of various paid marketing channels and platforms, including but not limited to Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, and programmatic advertising.
- Has led a marketing team, including ability to identify, recruit, coach and manage the next generation of organizational leaders
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities, with a proactive and creative approach to marketing challenges. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Startup experience
- Analytical skills and data-driven mindset, with the ability to interpret complex marketing data and draw actionable insights.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to partner with colleagues across a diverse organization
- Experience in telecom, energy/solar or other home service industries are preferred.
- Knowledge of renewable energy, solar industry trends, and sustainability initiatives is highly desirable.
- Passion for clean energy and a genuine commitment to driving positive environmental change.
Compensation: $170k - $200k Annually
Swell Energy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Swell Energy, Inc. does not discriminate based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law.