As a Corporate Paralegal, you will assist in the day-to-day legal activities of Swell Energy Inc. by providing clerical and research support services including document preparation and review based on the business needs of the company. This position reports to the General Counsel of Swell.
• Assist with process improvements related to legal policies and procedures.
• Help develop and maintain knowledge of policies, record retention, contracts, licensing, and other corporate requirements as assigned.
• Communicate with executive management and outside counsel as directed.
• Respond to inquiries from investors, including responding to information requests about environmental, social, and governance goals.
• Support continuous improvements of forms, policies, and processes.
• Keep up to date on the latest developments in applicable laws, regulations, and industry trends.
• Facilitate process improvements and efficiencies, including helping to develop and maintain matter and document management systems.
• Draft and maintain corporate governance records, board resolutions, and meeting minutes.
• Assist with periodic internal and external audits.
• Help support pre or active litigation matters including coordinating discovery and conducting investigations.
• Provide support to the General Counsel, CEO and CFO and other Department Heads.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters, particularly in California and California law.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) or related software.
Education and Experience:
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
• Paralegal certificate preferred.
• At least 5 years related experience preferred.
• Preference for those based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Compensation: $95,000- $100,000 Annual Base + $10k Bonus
Swell Energy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Swell Energy, Inc. does not discriminate based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law.